- medical/surgical inpatient units
- an emergency department
- medical imaging and procedural suites
The client represents these abilities, having built children’s and women’s hospitals across North America and Europe.
Competition for such projects is fierce and the process to win the job – from initial bid documents through preliminary interviews with the stakeholder to the final awarding of the contract – can be lengthy, with a final decision often two or more years in the making.
In order to be the successful bidder, a general contractor has to take great care in selecting sub-contractors who have the experience and skills required to do the job. This is paramount and the decision on who will do specialty work is taken very seriously.
For the hospital project, the successful general contractor needed to find someone who could manage the design and installation of a state-of-the-art network infrastructure that would provide the best patient and staff experience possible. The general contractor wanted to find a partner who would help them stand out in the crowd and ultimately become successful as the winning bid.
IOSecure bid on the installation of a wired and wireless communications project for the acute care centre, a structure with more than 600,000 square feet of space. They were one of three firms in the province capable of doing the job, and their experience and references provided unique differentiators to the general contractor.
As a result, the general contractor was successful in securing the contract. In particular, IOSecure was able to provide the following expertise:
- Experience in the understanding of the healthcare industry.
- Deep and intimate knowledge in the design and installation of network solutions.
- Considered one of Cisco’s “go-to” Canadian partners, IOSecure has acquired and maintains the many levels of certification needed to remain a leader in the latest-generation networking hardware and software from the world’s leading provider of networking infrastructure and software.
- A blue-chip roster of clients who return again and again for quality work and a team of exceptional consultants.
IOSecure was successful in its bid and began work on the design of the acute care unit’s network solution.
Highlights of this solution included:
Leverage a trusted IT partner for your next project